Different RICS qualifications

September 24, 2019

  What RICS qualifications mean for the homebuyer:

When choosing a surveyor on Sidedoor you will come across their RICS qualifications. This blog will explain what these mean:

  1. Fellowship (FRICS): The fellowship is for those who have made a special contribution to the profession. Only professional members who are major achievers in their careers can apply. Surveyors with this qualification are the most experienced from this list.
  2. Professional Experience (MRICS): This option allows experienced professionals to join RICS without the need for further study. You must have a bachelor’s degree and at least five years of relevant post-degree work experience.
  3. Graduate (MRICS): Graduates can join with an RICS accredited degree. This includes graduates who have just left university, and those who have already achieved a number of years of work experience by the time they complete their degree.
  4. Associate (AssocRICS): Entry-level qualification for those with relevant work experience and vocational qualifications. You must have four years of relevant work experience. Some vocational qualifications and professional body memberships qualify you for direct entry to Associate. Associate members can also progress to chartered membership (MRICS).

By knowing the above, you can now distinguish between surveyors. Remember price isn’t everything when you are choosing the surveyor that is right for you.